Tuesday 30 June 2015

How to construct a 40m length precast post-tensioned concrete bridge girder beam ? (2)

(4) insert pre-stressing cables into the ducts, form dead anchorages and prepare live anchorages.


(I was lucky, personally tutored by a Swiss German, the techniques, procedures, observations, analysis and some computations. This old European man did not like the Korean Main Contractor (I was the local sub-contractor's engineer), so he always taught me when the Koreans are not around or after office hours. The technical know-how benefited me throughout my career, not only in construction but also design. That is why I always insist on humility, considerate and respect of others. Other people are willing to teach you when you are humble and sincere ( of course other than those psychos which are present around us). Do not look down or treat other humans like shits!

No comments:

Post a Comment